ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF SÃO PAULO
University activities and campuses
São Francisco Law School
International Student and Researcher’s Guide
The Law School of São Paulo (FD) was created em 1827, years after the proclamation of the independence of Brasil. From the beginning,
it was settled on the Largo de São Francisco, on the central city area. The first building, an old convent, was later replaced in the 1930s with a new,
large and monumental building. The Faculty of Law was also the first institution to join the University of São Paulo at the time of its creation in 1934.