The 2019 International Sustainable Campus Network (ISCN) conference will be held 11-14 June in São Paulo, Brazil.
The theme of ISCN 2019 is: Partnerships for Progress
We want to provide opportunity for conference participants to share their work at the ISCN 2019 conference and/or open a dialogue/lead a session on a topic that is relevant at your university. This year we will “crowdsource” content to be presented at the conference. We want to hear from you on what is most pressing for you right now.
This call for abstracts is for proposals including oral or poster presentations.
The ISCN Conference Planning sub-committee will review abstracts at the ISCN Secretariat team will notify submitters/authors of their conference participation opportunity.
Abstracts should be submitted by the abstract submittal system.
Abstracts must be a maximum of 200 words and follow the format indicated in the system.
Publication status (if any; e.g., is your paper/abstract already published? If so, where? Provide link)
Preference for presentation:
2-hour "Breakout Sessions" workshop
"ConverStations" roundtable session
5-minute "Rapid Round" presentation
Maximum 200-word abstract
Abstracts are due by 15 March 2019.
Please note: ISCN 2019 conference registration fees will not be waived for those who have accepted abstracts.
The topic can relate to any aspect of sustainability and higher education institutions. The list below is a non-exclusive list of possible topics (we welcome your ideas!):
1. Promoting education for sustainable development
2. Promoting research for sustainable development
3. The role of academia in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals
4. Collaboration and knowledge sharing
i. Student engagement
ii. Strategic partnerships for societal impact
5. Sustainable meeting solutions: Including examples of how Higher Education Institutes reduce their own impacts using mediated reality and technology for travel-free meetings.
6. Gender, Diversity and Representation: Higher Education Institutes and Sustainable Development
7. The role of investment in supporting Sustainable Development
8. Campus operations, Campus Facilities and Campus development
9. Campus as Living Lab – education, research and collaboration in campus projects
10. Projects on campus (e.g., building, apps, student engagement, etc.)
11. Challenge driven education for global sustainable development
12. Incentives for integrating Sustainable Development in Higher Education Institutes- including major university excellence ranking and rating organizations.
In addition to abstract and content submission for presentation at ISCN 2019, there are other opportunities to share your work.
ISCN Members are invited to submit a one to two-page case study for the 2019 ISCN Best Practice Report. Please visit the ISCN Members Only website to submit your case study.
Submit an ISCN Sustainable Campus Excellence Award application for jury review. The call for award nominations will open in January 2019. Note: Award finalists will be invited to present their work at ISCN 2019.
Please note: participants may submit the same project as an abstract proposal for the conference as applicable for the ISCN Best Practice report and ISCN Awards.